Sole Bliss discuss Bunions: The Facts & Figures
Bunions. It may not be a glamorous topic, but it’s certainly one worth discussing.
Bunions continue to be a subject matter that no one likes to talk about for various reasons. People may be embarrassed, shocked or even disgusted when in fact many people don’t know exactly what a bunion is! With 10 million women in the UK alone suffering from bunions, it’s time to discuss and embrace our feet to help remove the stigma of the condition.
But first, we need to know the facts and figures! We carried out research (525 female respondents using Survey Monkey) with bunion sufferers all over the UK and here’s the results:
- 90% of women have suffered from a foot issue in their lifetime
- 76% of women are embarrassed by their feet!
- 97% of women bought a pair of shoes for an occasion and never wore them again.
- 90% have taken out a pair of flat shoes with them to change into.
- 51% of women say it’s difficult to find comfortable shoes which are also fashionable
Whether you suffer from bunions or other foot issues, we all need to talk about our feet more to encourage and support others who are embarrassed too!
National Bunion Day is an annual event which aims to promote discussions and remove the stigma of bunions. The day will provide advice, practical information and support bunion sufferers everywhere – NBD commences on Thursday 25th April 2019.
Find out more about all things bunion related from our panel of foot experts through the National Bunion Day website: www.nationalbunionday.com
If you have a question about NBD, email us on email@example.com.
Want to know the important facts? Find out more here -‘What is a Bunion?‘